Get up to speed on all things content marketing, no matter how much or how little you already know. We’ve handpicked ten great articles that will tell you more about what content marketing is, and how it can bring you the results you want.
1. How Content Marketing Impacts Your Bottom Line. Andrea Lehr; HubSpot. “The mix of on- and off-site content can attract new consumers, drive traffic, and convert leads, but when can you expect results? A successful content marketing strategy can increase traffic by 850 percent…”
2. 7 Things Every CEO and Entrepreneur Needs To Know About Content Marketing. Jayson DeMers; Forbes. “Content marketing is more than just another buzzword. It’s not simply another word for blogging or social media, and it’s not a strategy that should be approached halfheartedly. In actual fact, content marketing is one of the most powerful and effective strategies you can use for growing your business.”
3. The More the Merrier: Using Crowdsourcing for Your Content Marketing Efforts. Mark Gadala-Maria; Business.com. “While the concept of relevance has always driven successful marketing efforts, it is a core requirement for effective marketing in today’s cluttered and hypercompetitive marketplace. In fact, the entire premise of all search engines is determining the relevance of any one website to a submitted search query, and matching it with the searcher.”
4. How content marketing has changed PR. Lee Odden; Ragan’s PR Daily. “Major changes in digital marketing and PR have revealed how social technologies, devices and ubiquitous Internet access have opened the doors for round-the-clock connectivity to everything on the Web.”
5. The Content Marketing Road Map. Michael Brenner; Content Marketing Institute. “Marketing, as we know it, is being transformed right in front of our eyes. Literally billions of pieces of content are published every single day on more and more channels.”
6. Lose This Word From Your Content Marketing Vocabulary. Sarah Mitchell; LinkedIn. “People don’t trust you until you’ve been around for a while. They watch and wait. They want to determine whether you’re a one-hit wonder or if you’re actually going to consistently produce good content…You need to be a regular contributor before people invest time supporting you.”
7. 5 Reasons Content Marketing Will Help Your College Improve Enrollment. CCA Team. “Content in the form of blog posts, eBooks, and infographics is both easy to digest and share, making the likelihood of your institution being recognized—and remembered—that much greater.”
8. 10 Content Marketing Trends To Help You Budget For 2016. John Hall; Forbes. “Customers don’t want content they’re not interested in shoved in their faces. Start rethinking your content strategy to build a following organically by sharing your expert knowledge with your audience and positioning yourself as an industry leader.”
9. Why Content Marketing Makes Ads Matter. Sloan Gaon; Huffington Post. “The only way to overcome the obstacles of today’s cluttered online ad space is to give something back to the consumer by developing ads that deliver more than a marketing message. For advertising to be accepted—for it to matter to the consumer—it needs to deliver value based on the consumer’s interests.”
10. Brand Backstory: Where Your Content Marketing Strategy Is Born. Megan Hannay; Content Marketing Institute. “Brand storytelling is an ongoing conversation between a company and its customers. Brand backstory, on the other hand, is a foundation. It’s the tale of what came before the hit blog or product. It’s the story of why the company is what it is today.”
And here’s one extra! Download our eBook, Content Marketing for Higher Education 101, to learn five reasons why content marketing is especially effective in higher education.