Director of Business DevelopmentPosted on May 26, 2021
Creative Communication Associates (CCA), a business unit of Noodle, is a national leader in higher education branding and marketing. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s nearly 40 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include market research, brand and identity development, award-winning multi-platform creative and content development, media planning and buying, and enrollment marketing campaigns. CCA is headquartered in Troy, New York.
After several successive years of continued growth, CCA is seeking a talented, experienced, and ambitious business development leader to join our team of higher education marketing professionals and help drive us to our next level of success.
As our Director of Business Development, you will:
- Research and lead score college and university prospects based on criteria established with senior leadership at CCA
- Build, own, and manage CCA’s prospect database utilizing the agency’s dedicated CRM (HubSpot)
- Develop an outreach and prospecting strategy,
- Develop communications strategies to drive interest in CCA and its services
- Create outreach to prospects through email, direct mail, cold calling, in-person networking, and participation at/in industry events and/or conferences
- Operate and manage a robust prospect contact list and outbound communications in order to develop new agency opportunities with “right-fit” clients
- Lead all proposal development opportunities with college and university prospects (collecting, reviewing, prioritizing, writing, submitting), collaborating with agency team members to ensure every submission is of the highest quality and differentiates CCA in the market
- Coordinates CCA team presence and participation at marketing events and conferences
- Identify new and nurture existing agency partner relationships, developing opportunities for referrals and project collaborations
- Lead pitch development and planning, working with, and across, agency teams (content, media, strategy, creative, account management) to ensure pitches are well orchestrated and successful.
- Identify agency marketing opportunities and work with agency team members to coordinate strategies including agency advertising, website updates, CCA’s newsletter, and other outreach to help drive successful prospect engagement and conversion
- Identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with prospects in the higher education community
- Work closely and in concert with CCA’s leadership team in defining, developing, and executing business development strategies
- BA/BS degree required (degree in Marketing/Advertising a plus)
- 12+ years of professional experience
- Previous experience working in successful agency sales/new business development teams is a must.
- Proof of having developed successful creative and strategic proposals and presentations.
- Understanding of, appreciation for, and ideally some experience in, higher education marketing and advertising
- Exceptional speaking, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to create authentic, meaningful, and enduring business relationships
- Contacts at the presidential level or among leaders in the enrollment, development, and/or marketing departments at institutions of higher education is a plus
- Clear understanding and experience across traditional and digital media platforms, content strategy, agency creative teams, and an understanding of brand research and brand campaign development
- Extensive familiarity with lead generation and direct to consumer marketing
- Knowledge of agency services, strategic creative production, metrics-based media, and data analytics is essential.
- Proficiency in HubSpot CRM platform or similar CRM.
- Willingness to travel several times per month, as necessary
- Work from our Troy location with the possibility of remote
- Competitive salary
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + paid holidays + paid sick leave + summer Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
As part of the Noodle family, CCA is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
More About Noodle
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose Noodle last year than all other online program managers combined. Noodle comprises a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts.
With the potential to transform higher education, online learning is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester.Apply Now