Media PlannerPosted on May 26, 2021
Creative Communication Associates (CCA), a business unit of Noodle, is a national leader in higher education branding and marketing. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s nearly 40 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include market research, brand and identity development, award-winning multi-platform creative and content development, media planning and buying, and enrollment marketing campaigns. CCA is headquartered in Troy, New York.
As a Media Planner, you will oversee media planning and buying and identify the best mix of media channels (TV, radio, out-of-home, mobile, online display, paid social, print, etc.) to deliver advertising messages to our clients’ target audience(s). Using research and data, you will determine the most effective media mix within the given budget. You will discuss/review media strategy with our clients, analyze and research the target audience(s), advise the account and creative team and clients about the most effective media strategies, and present media plans and proposals. You will be responsible for placing and monitoring the performance of all media plans, researching new media initiatives, and compiling and reporting the results of the campaign to the client. As Media Planner you will also negotiate the best rates, positioning, and added value programs on behalf of our clients; rectify billing discrepancies with media partners, and negotiate make-goods when needed. You will attend client meetings and actively take part in presentations.
As our Media Planner, you will:
- Conduct media planning research using standard media tools (Kantar, MRI, ComScore, etc.)
- Explore, evaluate and select media partners for consideration
- Develop traditional and digital media plans, recommendations, and POVs
- Work closely with media sales reps to build the best recommendations and negotiate buys
- Issue insertion orders
- Analyze campaign performance and recommend necessary optimizations
- Present to clients as appropriate
- Coordinate the trafficking of creative/tags
- Pull pacing and performance reports, review, extract insights and optimize
- Collect and review ad specs with the production department
- Resolve media invoice and billing discrepancies
- Provide clients with media budget updates
- Keep apprised of the latest media trends
- Keep apprised of all relevant client, industry, and market developments
- Support new business development for the agency when necessary, with preparation of proposals and presentations
- Travel, as necessary, to client presentations and other project-related events that require direct contact with clients
- Detail-oriented, organized, with the ability to multitask, and able to work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work in a team environment fostering ideas through collaboration
- Proficient in Mac software programs
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Proven persuasive skills with leadership and clients
- Sound decision-making skills
- A positive and motivated individual who is a self-starter
- Experience with agency/media research tools, including Kantar, Comscore, @Plan, Nielsen/NetRatings, etc.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- B.S. or B.A. Degree
- 3-5 years of media experience, preferably at an agency
- Higher Education experience is a plus.
- Work from our beautiful Troy location with the possibility of remote
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave + summer Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
MORE ABOUT NOODLE
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose Noodle last year than all other online program managers combined. Noodle comprises a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts.
With the potential to transform higher education, online learning is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester.Apply Now