Senior Art DirectorPosted on March 22, 2023
Creative Communication Associates (CCA) is powered by Noodle and is a national leader in higher education branding and marketing. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s nearly 40 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include market research, brand and identity development, award-winning multi-platform creative and content development, media planning and buying, and enrollment marketing campaigns. CCA is headquartered in Troy, New York.
About the role
The Senior Art Director is not only responsible for the creation of high-level conceptual and strategic materials, but also aids in the execution and production of those materials. The Senior AD must be able to present new ideas and finished work to internal and client audiences, work nimbly across departments to generate and contribute to new ideas, and direct the work of freelance and contract partners with skill and efficiency. The Senior AD must be able to work hand-in-hand with the Creative Director to ensure smooth adherence to budgets and schedules, cultivate new creative talent, and consistently pursue creative excellence.
The Senior Art Director reports to the Creative Director.
Job functions and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional creative team members to create high-quality visuals and generate new and innovative ideas
- Partner with cross-functional creative and agency team members as a key strategic partner
- Present creative execution material to clients
- Art direct photo and video shoots, as required
- Understand and execute on client strategic plans and brand standards
- Ensure quality of final mechanical art and manage communication with print and digital production houses
- Design and hand off basic landing pages
- Concept, design, and execute motion graphics
- Willingness to travel, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5-7 years advertising experience with at least some mid-level agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, or creative equivalent
- Experience in higher education industry is a plus
- Expertise with the Adobe creative suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Familiarity with digital best practices and ability to engage with developers (Familiarity with WordPress is a plus)
- Familiarity with how to integrate graphics, video, and audio to produce short (less than 1 minute) motion graphics for use in social media and digital display
- Familiarity with Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, or similar applications
- Strong portfolio of client work, demonstrating both a keen creative eye and an understanding of client strategy
- Experience across media (primarily digital, but also print and video) with an understanding of best production practices in each
- Working knowledge of Google Workspace (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- Comfort working in Microsoft Office (primarily PowerPoint and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills with an ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Proven track record managing multiple, complex projects from conception through implementation
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team with strong leadership and team coaching skills
- Excellent client engagement and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education.
As part of the Noodle family, CCA is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Benefits and Perks:
- Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave
- Monthly Gym stipend and Membership to premium medical services like Eden Health
- Monthly mobile connectivity stipend
- Access to mental health services like Ginger and Talkspace
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Salary Range: $69,600 – $74,900Apply Now