Senior Art DirectorPosted on July 20, 2021
Creative Communication Associates (CCA), a business unit of Noodle, is a national leader in higher education branding and marketing. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s nearly 40 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include market research, brand and identity development, award-winning multi-platform creative and content development, media planning and buying, and enrollment marketing campaigns. CCA is headquartered in Troy, New York.
We’re looking for a good all-around player. The Senior Art Director will not only be responsible for the creation of high-level conceptual and strategic materials, but will also aid in the execution and production of those materials. The Senior AD must be able to present new ideas and finished work to internal and client audiences, work nimbly across departments to generate and contribute to new ideas, and direct the work of freelance and contract partners with skill and efficiency.
Finally, the Senior AD must be able to work hand-in-hand with the Creative Director to ensure smooth adherence to budgets and schedules, cultivate new creative talent, and consistently pursue creative excellence. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of a brand—who can confidently direct and execute creative from kickoff to press check—all while maintaining clear communication with the creative team, the rest of CCA, our freelance and contract vendors, and our clients.
A good sense of humor is an asset.
As our Senior Art Director you will:
- Creates high-quality visuals and generates new and innovative ideas, alongside creative partners (both internal and external) and under the supervision of the Creative Director
- Partners with other creative and agency team members as a key strategic partner
- Has a full view of the strategic plan for the client and an encyclopedic knowledge of their brand standards
- Is a persuasive and amiable client ambassador
- Understands the motivations of our audiences and how they are addressed across different media
- Takes responsibility for the quality of final mechanical art and can confidently communicate with print and digital production houses
- Has an ego-less and proactive approach to work. Whether you’re in the spotlight or playing a supporting role, you’re eager to pitch in and give support where it’s needed.
- Is eager to travel when required to take part in client meetings, present work, and direct photo and video shoots. Expected travel can approach 10-15% of your time during our busy seasons (September through early November and late March through May). Significantly less during winter and summer. The majority of our travel takes place within the Northeast.
- Strong portfolio of client work, demonstrating both a keen creative eye and an understanding of client strategy
- Experience across media (primarily digital, but also print and video) with an understanding of best production practices in each. We don’t need you to be an expert in every medium, but we need you to be comfortable working in them.
- Ability to conceptualize and take creative lead on photo and video shoots
- Proactive communication skills when working with creative leadership, project management, and internal teams
- Commitment to taking initiative. You address problems without being asked, and you know how to take advantage of opportunities for growth or efficiency when they present themselves.
- Leadership abilities, especially when working with freelance partners
- Strong decision making skills
Skills and Experience
- Fluent with the Adobe creative suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Strong digital design capabilities. Any applicant must be able to:
- Design and handoff basic landing pages. We don’t need you to be a hard core coder, but you must be familiar with digital best practices and able to engage with developers. The majority of landing page design will take place in Photoshop, but familiarity with Unbounce, HubSpot, SquareSpace, or similar applications is a plus.
- Concept, design, and execute motion graphics. Again, you don’t need to be a Pixar alum, but you should know how to integrate graphics, video, and audio to produce short (less than 1 minute) motion graphics for use in social media and digital display. Familiarity with Adobe Animate, AfterEffects, or similar applications is a must.
- Familiarity with the Google suite of online applications (primarily Slides, Drive, and Docs) is a must.
- Comfort working in Microsoft Office (primarily PowerPoint and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design, or creative equivalent
- 5-10 years advertising experience with at least some mid-level agency experience
- Experience in higher education is a plus but not required
- Title and salary commensurate with experience and ability.
- Hybrid Remote + Office (Open to remote applicants who are eager to travel to our offices in Troy, NY for a few days at least once a month at company expense)
- Competitive salary
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + paid holidays + paid sick leave + summer Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth. We pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
As part of the Noodle family, CCA is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
More About Noodle
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose Noodle last year than all other online program managers combined. Noodle comprises a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts.
With the potential to transform higher education, online learning is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester.Apply Now