Senior Art DirectorPosted on March 08, 2021
Creative Communication Associates (CCA), a business unit of Noodle, is a national leader in higher education branding and marketing. From the Ivy League to large public universities to small private colleges to specialty schools, CCA’s nearly 40 years of strategic and creative expertise has built some of the best brands in higher education today. Our services include market research, brand and identity development, award-winning multi-platform creative and content development, media planning and buying, and enrollment marketing campaigns. CCA is headquartered in Troy, New York.
We’re looking for a good all-around player. The Senior Art Director will not only be responsible for the creation of high-level conceptual and strategic materials, but will also aid in the execution and production of those materials. The Senior AD must be able to present new ideas and finished work to internal and client audiences, work nimbly across departments to generate and contribute to new ideas, and direct the work of freelance and contract partners with skill and efficiency.
Finally, the Senior AD must be able to work hand-in-hand with the Creative Director to ensure smooth adherence to budgets and schedules, cultivate new creative talent, and consistently pursue creative excellence. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of a brand—who can confidently direct and execute creative from kickoff to press check—all while maintaining clear communication with the creative team, the rest of CCA, our freelance and contract vendors, and our clients.
A good sense of humor is an asset.
As our Senior Art Director you will:
- Creates high-quality visuals and generates new and innovative ideas, alongside creative partners (both internal and external) and under the supervision of the Creative Director
- Partners with other creative and agency team members as a key strategic partner
- Has a full view of the strategic plan for the client and an encyclopedic knowledge of their brand standards
- Is a persuasive and amiable client ambassador
- Understands the motivations of our audiences and how they are addressed across different media
- Takes responsibility for the quality of final mechanical art and can confidently communication with print and digital production houses
- Has an ego-less and proactive approach to work. Whether you’re in the spotlight or playing a supporting role, you’re eager to pitch in and give support where it’s needed.
- Is eager to travel when required to take part in client meetings, present work, and direct photo and video shoots. Expected travel can approach 20% of your time during our busy seasons (September through early November and late March through May). Significantly less during winter and summer. The majority of our travel takes place within the Northeast.
- Strong portfolio of client work, demonstrating both a keen creative eye and an understanding of client strategy
- Experience across media (primarily digital, print, and video) with an understanding of best production practices in each. We don’t need you to be an expert in every medium, but we need you to be comfortable working in them.
- Ability to conceptualize and take creative lead on photo and video shoots
- Proactive communication skills when working with creative leadership, project management, and internal teams
- Leadership abilities especially when working with freelance partners
- Strong Decision making skills
- Fluent with the Adobe creative suite (primarily InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Comfort working in Microsoft Office (primarily PowerPoint and Word) and the Google suite of online applications (primarily Slides, Drive, and Docs).
- Experience with designing for digital media is a must. We’re not looking for a hard core coder, but any potential applicant should be familiar with digital best practices,able to engage with developers, and capable of executing basic motion graphics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Design or creative equivalent
- 6-10 years advertising experience with at least some mid-level agency experience
- Experience in higher education is a plus but not required
- Salary commensurate with experience and ability.
- Hybrid Remote + Office (100% remote for now, transition plans to be back in office in the future when it’s safe for everyone)
- Competitive salary
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + paid holidays + paid sick leave + summer Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
As part of the Noodle family, CCA is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
More About Noodle
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose Noodle last year than all other online program managers combined. Noodle comprises a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts.
With the potential to transform higher education, online learning is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester.Apply Now