A private, not-for-profit college specializing in interior design, the New York School of Interior Design is a prestigious institution guided by the principle that successful design of an interior space improves human welfare. Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, NYSID offers a range of degree and certificate programs, as well as continuing education courses for interior design enthusiasts and professionals.View all Work
From research to messaging to media, you could say we reupholstered the top college for interior design.
After collaborating for several years on enrollment media campaigns, the New York School of Interior Design commissioned CCA to conduct an audience research study to inform a brand refresh, including a new brand messaging platform, institutional tagline, and creative platform.
On-campus qualitative discovery—including in-depth interviews and focus groups—informed the development of preliminary hypotheses and brand positioning themes, which were then tested through a quantitative study across key audiences.
Our study demonstrated that the School enjoys strong awareness and a solid reputation among external audiences. In testing multiple brand concepts, we learned which resonated most with audiences, which informed the development of our brand strategy.
NYSID’s messaging platform included five key messages—here is a snapshot of each:
1. Design Focus: Those in the know, know NYSID. For over a century, tens of thousands who share a passion for the design of interiors—working professionals, aspiring interior designers, and design enthusiasts—have selected NYSID for our singular focus.
2. Design Purpose: We believe that interior design has the power to improve human welfare.
3. Design Network: NYSID is a talent magnet with global reach.
4. Design Epicenter: It’s fitting that the nation’s top college for interior design lives at the epicenter of design influence and innovation.
5. Design Luminaries: Employers know bright stars when they see them, and that’s why they consistently hire NYSID graduates.
Leveraging and promoting NYSID’s refreshed brand through targeted media strategies, including paid social, paid search, and sponsored content has strengthened NYSID’s awareness and reputation and improved engagement across the School’s most critical audiences.
“NYSID has partnered with CCA for four years now, and each year the relationship gets stronger and the work gets better. We feel “heard” by this smart, responsive team and have learned a great deal about the nuances of higher education marketing and how to maximize our marketing dollars.”
Chief of Staff New York School of Interior Design